Saturday, May 26, 2012


This is a photo of me with Dick Wagner and Pete Woodman @ Tittabawassee Park in Freeland. It was a glorious day; the weather was warm but the music was hot. This was a Michigan rock reunion featuring Dick Wagner, Donny Hartman, Pete Woodman, and the Cherry Slush. The Slush performed their hits I Cannot Stop You and Day Don't Come. Hartman sang Donny's Blues like his soul was on fire and this marked the first time I heard Wagner perform his 1967 psychedelic masterpiece Sunshine. I was in day-glo heaven. Take me back, brother and we'll party like its 2002.
A once upon a time hallelujah moment that can never be replicated
and the Cherry Slush. The Slush performed their hits I Cannot Stop You and Day Don't Come. Hartman sang Donny's Blues like his soul was on fire and this marked the first time I heard Wagner perform his 1967 psychedelic masterpiece Sunshine. I was in day-glo heaven. Take me back, brother and we'll party like it's 2002.
A one time hallelujah moment that will never be replicated






No comments:

Post a Comment